NMS Moms & Mentors
We could all do with a little more support these days!
The New Mom School Moms and Mentors initiative is designed to connect NMS alumni with moms currently registered for Newborn and Second Time Mom classes to provide additional support and mentorship beyond their class group and instructor. Its aim is to further support new moms in their transition to motherhood while also fostering community among alumni.
How it works:
Moms partaking in our Newborn or Second Time Mom classes are offered the opportunity to be paired with a mentor. Mentors come from our pool of amazing alumni and have themselves completed a Newborn or Second Time Mom class at New Mom School, they have older children (12 months plus) so they get it!
Both mentors and mentees submit application forms, where they outline a little about themselves and their unique journey to and through motherhood. Moms are then matched based on these forms and a beautiful friendship is formed!
How do I sign up
If you are interested in becoming a Mentor please complete and submit the application form here.
In order to be a mentor mom you must meet the following criteria:
- Your child or children must be 12 months of age or older
- You must have completed a New Mom School Newborn or Second Time Mom Series
- You must be willing to provide support, advice and friendship to a new mom for a period of at least 8 weeks
- You must be able to commit to check-in with your mentee at least once a week for the duration of the program
- You must be willing to share advice and recommendations or just be a listening ear in a positive way for the mentee
In order to qualify to receive a mentor you must complete and submit the application form here and meet the following criteria:
- Be currently attending in a Newborn or Second Time Mom Class at New Mom School
- Being willing to be open and honest with a mentor and to receive advice and help with a positive and open mindset
- To be respectful of the mentors’ time (they are a busy mom too!).
Any further questions please feel free to email our community manager, Katie Chubb at firstname.lastname@example.org