As we open The New Mom School in Encinitas for in person classes, our top priority is the health and safety of our moms, their babies and our teachers and experts. In light of the situation with COVID-19 increased health and safety measures will be implemented as part of our continued effort to provide the best experience for our community. Please see the list of protocols below:
New Mom School Class Protocols
- Class sizes will be limited to allow for distancing measures
- A class waiver must be completed before the class series begins
- Participants will complete a short intake form before each class confirming that neither mom nor baby is exhibiting symptoms related to COVID-19
- Adult participants must agree to have their temperature checked prior to entering the studio
- The studio will be cleaned nightly, after each class
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available
- Masks are required for all adults, in accordance with the California Mandate
We ask that if you are experiencing any symptoms, or have come into contact with anyone who has, please refrain from coming to class.
We follow a “Take No Chances” policy when it comes to preventing the spread of illness in the studio. We ask for your understanding when we find it necessary to enforce our policy of not permitting sick participants in class.
If, for any reason outside of our control, New Mom School must cease holding in-person classes, all current, in session classes will move to an online format. In this case our refund policy will be enforced (you can read our refund policy and our T&Cs here)
Be Studio, where New Mom School classes in Encinitas take place have their own health and safety measures which moms will be asked to adhered to. The full list is below.
Be Studio Health and Safety Measures
- The studio will be wiped down between every class and every night. And thoroughly cleaned once a week.
- A UV-ABC that filters the air every 30min has been added to the HVAC unit.
- The front and back doors are to be kept open during business hours to create cross ventilation
- Bathrooms will be cleaned four times daily between each class. We ask that anyone entering the bathroom take two germicide wipes in with them. These should be used to wipe down all surfaces touched. And used to open and close the door. There is a covered garbage can outside of the bathroom where the wipe can be discarded and hand sanitizer used before entering the studio space again.
- One way entrance and exit.
- The lobby will be closed to gathering and all seating will be removed. Clients will queue outside and will enter the studio 10min before class begins.
- Temperature and wellness checks of all persons entering the studio.
- No public water station. Bottled water will be available for purchase.
- Germicide Gym wipes will replace our normal essential oil cleaning solution.
- Provide multiple sanitizer stations (at least 60% alcohol) available to members so they can stay vigilant
- Provide sanitizing wipes so members can wipe all surfaces before and after use
- Provide tissues and no-touch trash receptacles
- Disinfection of high traffic areas throughout the day between uses.
- Post signage reminding members to stay home if not feeling well – including allergies.
- Post signage encouraging respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene for employees and members.
As regulations change, we will continue to update our requirements and safety measures in line with best practices.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We look forward to welcoming you to class!